Friday, August 29, 2008

"Hey! Meet Sierra!"

Wednesday afternoon I started with a reception for Attorney General Cuomo, where I met my new friend Peter, who took it upon himself to introduce me to everyone he knows, which is everyone.  Peter's intro coupled with the words "Brooklyn Young Democrats" procured handshakes and business cards from several elected officials, and it was very cool that Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer remembered me from his campaign in '05.  Turns out Peter and Scott were once Manhattan Young Dems together. 

Then at the Long Island wine & cheese reception at the Ritz Carlton, hosted by Congressmen Bishop and Steve Israel, I met fellow Young Dems leading chapters from the City to Albany.  All great and very friendly people, eager to help get Brooklyn's chapter going.

Best was chatting with [elected official whose name I wrote down incorrectly], who is one of the best storytellers I have ever met.  He recounted political tales from the 1800's as if they were that morning's neighborhood gossip.  It's awesome to see someone in government because they're genuinely excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment