Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Manifest Hope Gallery


Yesterday Nate (bff's brother who is very generously letting me crash on his couch) and I biked over to the Manifest Hope Gallery.  Former Gen Art staffer Matt Wise was involved in putting it together and sent me all the info in advance - iconic artist Shepard Fairey is the headliner - you've all seen his red and blue illustration of Obama, publicized heavily by MoveOn.

I absolutely loved everything - graphic art is my one of my favorite things.  Full album to follow, plus tomorrow is their ridiculous concert with the likes of Z-Trip, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Rilo Kiley, and more.

Afterward we had beers at the Mercury Cafe, which was Code Pink ground zero.  Can't argue with the mantra "Make Out Not War."

PS I am very proud of myself for riding a bike through downtown streets and living to blog about it.

1 comment:

  1. Matt Wise!!! That gallery looks awesome- I want more pictures!
    Art, now that's something that ALL parties can get down with...

    Alex P.

    ReplyDelete