Wednesday, August 27, 2008

John Legend: You and I are THROUGH.

Oh, to know about parties and not have a way in... tonight boasts parties from both Ben Affleck and John Legend, plus Rage Against the Machine is playing tomorrow.  Alas, no hook ups.  

After blogging back at the Mercury Cafe, Jason and his buddy Tony picked me up and we went
 to their friend Mike's place to have some beers and watch Hillary's speech.  Then the guys wanted to walk around downtown and party watch, so we headed out. Moments later, Mike's 
friend James called and said he had a gift bag drop off to make... to Anne Hathaway.  It quickly became clear that Mike could die happy if he could be the one to make the delivery, so James picked us up.

And next in the series of coincidences (though I must mention I happened to run into cab driver Eddie downtown today) it turns out James was acting as a driver for none other than Pras, who I know from New York.  I texted him right away and indeed, he's in Denver too.  

I'd love to conclude by saying that we all rolled to the Legend party and I sang a duet with John while Jason landed a donor for his nonprofit work and Mike flew to Vegas with Anne, but the truth is that I'm back at the pad to rest up for the NYSD breakfast -- Hillary spoke today so there's no way I'm missing it again.  



Wyncoop Brewery's Obaminator Ale.  Demolicious!

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling that there are a bunch of young Democrats getting totally O-BOMBED on that stuff this week! (yes, I got a good pun in there... sha bam!)

    ReplyDelete