Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Maddow About You*

Today's #1 article on NYTimes.com is about Rachel Maddow's crazy good ratings on her new show. Hello, I only just started watching Olbermann. Slow down, MSNBC!

But the most curious thing to me in this article was the "25-to-54" demographic. What? Hello? Are there any 54 year olds out there with the same viewing habits as the average 25 year old? Or the real reason behind ratings: how many advertisters are really aiming at both? Why the 30-year spread? Sure, my mom and I may both click over to CNN, but I doubt her regular viewing habits include rushing home for Gossip Girl or watching True Blood on demand or dedicating her Saturday to America's Best Dance Crew reruns.

*Yes, I know. Negative points for corny title. I hang my head in shame.

1 comment:

  1. I have just awarded you one point for the title... we are now tied

    ReplyDelete