Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thoughts from Outside the Bubble

I personally think we need to go to a deal like when I broke my back and I went to the military hospital ... Brooke Army Medical Center, in San Antonio, Tex. Cost me a flat rate, $1,200 a day, and I spent the first six days in I.C.U.... them guys get paid a flat rate; it’s not like they’re trying to rape me to make more money to pay their Mercedes-Benz bills or whatever they got.

I said: “Look, buddy, your lobby is full of illegals and park bums. They’re bouncing off the wall. I’m dying here. My wife’s been working here 18 years. I got the same insurance you got.” He said, “Well, you got to wait behind the rest of them.” I said: “Let me get this straight — not only am I buying all their health care, and I got to stand behind them too? There’s something wrong with that.”

Much of what I have done in my professional career is looking at health care in Latino children. Clearly they don’t have health care... It doesn’t become an issue, unless it becomes an issue in the white kids.

Props to Anna Deveare Smith's editorial that covers the wide range of American opinions on health care. Ms. Deveare Smith not only proves that there are plenty of stupid and selfish or stupidly selfish people in this country, but also that biracial people like herself are clearly unbelieveably smart and good at writing. Quote that, future political foes!

No comments:

Post a Comment