Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And Pundits... Go!!

Punditry from both Keith Olberman and Rachel Maddow post-speech, be still my heart!

Gotta love how immediately following the Republican response Olberman points out that not only was Doctor and Representative Charles Boustany of Louisiana sued three times for medical malpractice, he also tried unsuccessfully to buy the title of "Lord." He's also a birther (hate that term), which pretty much invalidates anything he has to say in my opinion. Um, hello, I would imagine the state of Louisiana has some more pressing issues to deal with?

God, GOP, Boustany is the best you can do? I guess all the money in the country can't buy decent speakers.

Olberman also points out that Boustany's speech makes claims that are the exact opposite of what the President actually said. My god, it's like he came straight from the Jindal School of Speechwriting.

My main problem is that there is a Republican response at all. Obama is the President of the entire country, all parties included, so there's no longer a need for a partisan response.

No comments:

Post a Comment