Thursday, April 30, 2009

What Happened on the L Train Last Night?


So I'm getting back from my run and there's a tidal wave of people walking down Metro from the Lorimer stop, most on cell phones. Clearly the train is not running. No one seemed to know what was going on. I gave some guy directions to Canarsie even though I've never been there so good luck buddy, and thought that would be the end of it, but no, tons of people and traffic and honking which severely hampered my Law & Order viewing. I was telling my mom about it on the phone, my theory being a track problem or rider injury; she posited terror threat. I explained to the Oregonian that the only terror threats happening on the L line beyond Williamsburg would be from me to Bushwick, so we're probably safe.

For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment