Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stand Clear of the Closing Doors

My first reaction when reading the scrolling news ticker tape outside the Fox News building on 6th Ave yesterday was: "Way to man up, Paterson! You (finally) appointed a lieutenant governor! Way to lead!"

Of course, the Republican senators are all up in arms and will challenge it in court, etc. Readers: if you didn't work for a month, like the New York state senate, would you have a job right now? I worked my ass off the month of June and I no longer have a job. Maybe I can switch places with my state senator.

I digress.

Well now I see that freshly appointed lieut-gov is Richard Ravitch, 76 (!), a former MTA Chairman. UGH. Way to bring a new wave of corruption and inability to get things done progressively to Albany. If there's any worse-run agency than the MTA, someone please direct me to it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment