Saturday, October 30, 2010

On Restoring Sanity

Watched the highly entertaining Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear today at Brooklyn Bowl (best. venue. ever).  If you missed it, definitely catch some clips online (or seeing as Comedy Central is owned by Viacom, maybe they will replay it ad nauseum as is the MTV Awards model).

Jon Stewart's closing remarks summed up what I've been moving toward for awhile now - the need for us all to be more tolerant, patient, gentle with one another; to sensationalize less; to listen more.  I get very impatient with those who don't see things the same way I do sometimes, but that isn't logical, it's emotional.  So I think it's time to put a bit more effort into sharing this crazy country with my fellow patriots.

This would be a good time to cue that cheesy montage video they show at airport immigration.  No?  Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment