Friday, October 8, 2010

Join me for viBenefit on October 19

In my series of nail-in-the-coffin moments in my journey from performer to former, one of the most positive was sitting in the audience of a play written & performed by the girls of viBe, which brought my revelation: I'd rather do all I can to support amazing efforts like this.

Co-founded by my friend and former collaborator Chandra Thomas, viBe gives inner-city teenage women a chance to use the performing arts as a way to express themselves. If you're anything like me, you know that the high school years are nearly impossible to navigate without some non-academic outlet... and with the recent attention on the severe lacks in our public schools, most notably explained in the film "Waiting for Superman," we are now understanding how vital it is that we all do something to support the people who decide our future.

So, I'm proud to be on the host committee for the viBenefit, and hope you'll join me. For the cost of a typical night out, you can support the amazing work that viBe is doing in the company of fellow fun NYC young professionals - with drinks & food & gift bags included. There's no reason NOT to!!

See you on October 19th - and if you are otherwise engaged, you're welcome to contribute whatever you can on the donation page at www.vibenefit.org.



No comments:

Post a Comment