Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Today in Black (People Would Like To Make Him) History

"Someone asked me the other day, "What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?" And by the way, it's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a nigger pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, "I can't really have a hood pass. I've never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, ‘We're full.'

"What is being black? It's making the most of your life, not taking a single moment for granted. Taking something that's seen as a struggle and making it work for you, or you'll die inside. Not to say that my struggle is like the collective struggle of black America. But maybe my struggle is similar to one black dude's."

John Mayer: you have just ruined your music for me in the way that I can no longer watch Seinfeld because of Michael Richards. Thanks a bunch.

1 comment:

  1. I would love 2 meet Ciara! Because she is a real person and she is my role model!!!

    ReplyDelete