Tuesday, October 27, 2009

LiveBlogging the Mayoral Debate

(refresh to see latest thoughts)

Watch it here.

Didn't tune in until 7:40 so I missed the bulk of it, but gotta say I'm quite impressed by Thompson, he's super prepared and holding his own; he's in it to win it.

I love how they're both pulling out their NY dialects even though Mike is from Boston.

Mike claims he's in touch with the average New Yorker because he once had a small business. Thompson rebuts by pointing out that his policies are pushing the middle class out of their neighborhoods. (Bloomberg's development incentives in my neighborhood are the very reason why I no longer have the lovely cityscape view I once had.)

Mike says immigrants will pull us out of the recession. WHAT?! Cheap labor is the answer? How about jobs for those of us who are already here?? Still waiting on that help for the economy Mike, or are you too loyal to your paying customers, aka the investment banks?

Thompson really is rocking it. I have to admit, I underestimated him. Probably because it's hard to drown out the $83 billion + in Bloomberg marketing cacophony.

"I think I'll be kind and give him a D-," Thompson on grading how the mayor has done.

Remember, I think it was the '05 election, when Bloomberg didn't even show up to the debates? Like he even has to. SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment