Monday, September 27, 2010

In Which The Mayoress is Once Again Reminded Why She No Longer Attends Church

Oh guys.  I am going through one of those periods where everything I encounter in the news just makes me want to give up on every level.  It's all so frustrating and seemingly impossible.  So here we go with a few of the most upsetting.

One commenter summed it up quite succinctly:

"Bishop Long can actively shit on women and use "prosperity gospel" to bilk poor people out of their money and no one really gives a fuck. 

I strongly suspect that church folks wouldn't be NEARLY as upset if his alleged victims had been female, either.
 "

Read more: http://jezebel.com/5649005/relationship-advice-from-the-molesting-megachurch-pastor?skyline=true&s=i#ixzz10lTCavXb

On a positive-for-the-American-Christian-church note, I watched the film "Lord Save Us from Your Followers" the other night, and though it was a bit hokey, I thought it was a great treatment on the contemporary PR mess the church has created, and presents the best solution I've seen.  No, actually, the best I've seen was put forward a bit more subtly in Blue Like Jazz, but this builds upon it directly.  (Go Portland.) Definitely add it to your Amazon cart/Netflix cue.

No comments:

Post a Comment