Monday, May 10, 2010

Today in Sports

Football
Can someone explain to me why they didn't release Invictus this year instead of '09? It seems obvious, what with the World Cup being this year AND in South Africa. Marketing slam dunk. I mean, goal. My best guess is because it's too unrealistic that SA would win the World Cup. Let's be honest.

Basketball
Why is it just now the Eastern/Western Conference Finals? When I was your age, the final-finals were the first week of April. I remember because that's when I wore my Clyde the Glide Bart shirt in 7th grade that Fox soon pulled because the maker didn't have rights to reproduce Simpsons images. This was before eBay, clearly.

Baseball
I met some lovely gentlemen from the Panama Metro baseball team this weekend. As you probably already know, they are currently in game 4 of the national championship playing against Bocas del Toro, who haven't been in the finals since 1960. It's a regular Yankees-Red Sox '04 situation! Panama Metro was expected to sweep but Bocas took it in game 3, which I'm sure has absolutely nothing to do with my meeting and drinking with the players the previous night.

No comments:

Post a Comment