Friday, April 23, 2010

Cartoons = Death


Well, well, well. Guess who's pissed at South Park again? I'm not going to go deep on this one because I don't want to be on any extremist's shit list and because other people are already explaining the ridiculousness better than I could, but I think you can all imagine where I stand on this issue.

Note to Mohommed of Revolution Muslim:
a) American are not "more worried about missing their favorite TV show than they are about the world," we're worried about our DVR not recording it.
b) Triscuits? Come ON. Cheez-its 4eva.



Comment of the day, from wylbur on Slog:

so some people are offended when I scream "up your Mohammed!" Too fucking bad. Religious nutjobs of every fundie-flavor take delight in condescending to atheists like me: "oh, I'll pray for you." There's zero respect from religious people for non-believers, but I'm supposed to respect their primitive superstition? Get over it.

One more thing: threatened and ostracized? In this century, atheists haven't done much to religious people, but religious people have done a lot of violence to each other and to atheists. So I'd say that religious people feeling threatened and ostracized is unfounded paranoia used to shut down non-violent verbal criticism.

I'm not an atheist (yet) but extremism and fundamentalism - from any religion - certainly steer me in that direction. Yes, I know, baby/bathwater, but I don't want to be part of any club that hates on Americans, gays, races, women, or creators of wildly popular and clever animated sit-coms.

No comments:

Post a Comment