Tuesday, December 8, 2009

And Now Cycling is Anti-Semitic

Thanks to Stephen for this one:

The New York Post reports that "hipster vigilantes" are repainting the bike lanes on Bedford - reportedly taken away at the request of the Hasids in South Williamsburg because bikes and cyclists "pose a safety and religious hazard."



I'm sorry, but this is the last straw.

I am a Brooklyn taxpayer. That means allllll of Brooklyn. And if my 11211 stretches south, you best believe I'm gonna ride my bike through it and expect some safety. This is America, and we're governed by the Constitution, not the Torah, and I will not have people endangering my rights and safety because it's "difficult for them to obey the law about not looking at women." Tough stuff, buttercup. What next, I can't own stuff because the Christians might covet it?

Why is The Mayoress so heated up? Because, as you know, my religion is Runner. And until Mile 10 of the New York City Marathon -- yes, Hasidic Williambsburg -- is not the only one where people don't cheer, I withdraw my support of South Williamsburg. Except Moto, that place is awesome.

Now I will go organize a topless ride down lower Bedford Avenue. Thanks to Yvette, I now know it's within my rights as a New Yorker. Now that's a protest everyone can love!

No comments:

Post a Comment