Friday, September 5, 2008

The Secret Works For Obama Tickets Too!

After the breakfast, I headed out to Red Rocks for a little nature time.  Also, it was close to this brewery Nate told me about. 

On the way back, my cell phone battery died.  Inevitably, when I plugged it in just 20 minutes later, I had four messages with Invesco ticket offers.  I called each back, all of them had been given away already.

Then my phone rang - it was Rich from the previous night's party - he had an extra ticket but was already at the stadium, which meant I had to leave immediately.  I flew out the door and biked over, meeting up with him and the Honest Tea guys as they passed out free drinks and got people to pose with a "Vote Honest Teas" sign.  Hey, can't pass up an opportunity for guerilla marketing.  

The line was almost a mile long but moved quickly.  I passed the time by finding Nate a ticket, courtesy Peter, my new NYC Dems friend.  Chatting with those around me, I soon met Jane, a Denver resident and instant friend who had just returned from Ethiopia where she adopted her first child.  Which of course led us to...

No comments:

Post a Comment