Sunday, January 25, 2009

Toast.


I often comfort myself with the old adage about the two recession-proof industries being personal care and alcohol. My best friend works for a major cosmetic brand, so we reason she's safe, and same-ish for me, as alcohol brands are among the biggest cash sponsors of my company's events (and therefore, my paychecks).

And then fun articles like this come along.

When it comes to cosmetics, I'm still a bargain shopper, but where I splurge is quality drinks. Who cares if Miller's profits are down? I drink Rogue! Sixpoint! Chimay! Duvel! Diageo needn't worry at its Cuervo losses; I'll be at the bar sipping a Don Julio or J-dub, neat.

Oh, who am I kidding - I've completely downgraded to JW Red. Hanging late-night at the Blarney Cove instead of The Park. Trading tastings for Trader Joe's. Three-buck Chuck isn't really all that bad, right? But I draw the line at PBR -- a girl's gotta have standards. I'd sooner be sober, even in this economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment