Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Stand By Your Man

“If your monthly Bergdorf’s allowance has been halved and bottle service has all but disappeared from your life...”

Are you fucking kidding me?

I'm sorry, but it's hard to feel bad for the laid-off when the chief sacrifice is bottle service.

I expected to feel the crunch on the social scene where finance guys would inevitably stop offering to buy drinks... then I remembered that men in Manhattan stopped buying drinks long ago, and I live in Williamsburg, where guys stare at you blankly when your drink nears empty, fully expecting you to bring them home anyway.

From the actual Dating A Banker Anonymous blog:
Thanks to the recession, I now have a completely devoted BF, which is exactly what I wanted. So I should be happy, right? Wrong. I’m bored and can’t stop thinking about my perpetually unattainable Euro ex-boyfriend who is recession proof courtesy of an offshore trust account.

I'm soooo sorry your titanium Amex got canceled. See you at Loehmann's.

In all seriousness, the enemy here is not the women in this article. It's the fact that while women are banding together to figure out how to get through this, it would never, ever cross men's minds to form a group to see their women through any sort of crisis, let alone this economy.

Raoul Felder, the Manhattan divorce lawyer, said that cases involving financiers always stack up as the economy starts to slip, because layoffs and shrinking bonuses place stress on relationships — and, he said, because “there aren’t funds or time for mistresses any more.”

Puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment