Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The 100th Post

Yes, I know, it's been nearly a month since my last post. But knowing the next one was the centennial, I knew I had to come with something a bit different, or at least a bit sentimental.

So much has happened since I started this blog, originally just to chronicle my trip to the DNC. Everything turned out as we'd hoped, and even better.

The election hasn't entirely sunk in for me yet. In a way I can only describe as a cosmic-ish, communal afterglow, it hits me at unexpected times...

Teenagers talking politics on the train...

A copy of the November 5th Daily News at my best friend's place...

Flipping through channels and glimpsing replays of the acceptance speech...

A Shepard Fairey button with the caption "VICTORY" in front of me in a particularly challenging spin class... (okay that's a lame one, but it got me through the hills.)

I reluctantly admit that I haven't been as tuned into the news since the election (with the exception of the India tragedy), but there are certainly more than a few things to keep this blog going:

Will the Big 3 actually clean up their act?

Which bank will get bailed out next?

Will the people of New York actually reelect Billionaire Democracy-Eschewer Bloomberg?

Will I get a miracle inauguration invitation?

And most importantly... What will Michelle wear???

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment